SAT READING & WRITING
THIS WEEK’S HOMEWORK
Friday Night, May 15th, 2018
- Please complete the following worksheets: Success in Montreal, Software Sales, The Familiar Myth.
- Work on Martin Luther King essay as seen here. This will be collected as homework.
Friday Night, May 11th, 2018
- Essay Practice: Christophe Hitchens Lovely Stones
- Reading Theory 5, Level 11
- Essay Optional: Eric Klinenberg, Air Conditioning, Alexander the Great
- Reading Theory 2 Level 11, Reading Theory 2 Level 10
- Practice everything you can.
Friday Night, May 4th, 2018
- Essay Practice: Practice Essay 1, Practice Essay 2,
- Optional: Practice Essay 3, Let there be Night essay
- Optional: Please study the Complete Guide to SAT Grammar Rules (see below in “What to do after class”)
- Optional: Study Flocabulary Wordup Lists level 8
- Optional: Do the extra after-class material located in the middle of this site when you have time.
- Good Luck on your tests, have fun at home.
Friday Night, April 26th, 2018
- Writing Passages handouts. Everyone should have a copy. Ignore the handouts for the vocabulary matching, it has come to my attention that there are errors on it.
- Please study the Complete Guide to SAT Grammar Rules (see below in “What to do after class”)
- Study Flocabulary Wordup Lists level 8
- Do the extra after-class material located in the middle of this site when you have time.
WHAT TO DO AFTER CLASS
SAT Grammar Booklet from Prepscholar
Listen to Podcasts
Invest your time
Top scoring students will get a prize
THE COLLEGE BOARD’S
SAT ENGLISH OVERVIEW
BY THE NUMBERS
MINUTES FOR TEST
BREAKS (WITH ESSAY)
BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF
The first step is always to have a dream for yourself. Imagine where you’ll be after you graduate from Pu Tai Senior High School. I’ll help map out and guide you there.